Angina Community
Reversing viral or post partum cardiomyopathy?

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Back in 2010 I had a stress echo done which showed an ejection fraction of 65%. Between then and now my daughter was born in 2011. After she was born I never really fully gained back my energy. When she was 10 months old I went to the ER for fainting and my ejection fraction was around 50% at that time. Now fastforward to November of this year, I had another stress test done and my ejection fraction had decreased to 44%. I had a cardiac mri as well which was suggestive of viral cardiomyopathy. It showed global hypokinesis. chambers of my heart were normal though. I don't know if I believe that its viral,  I feel that I may have had some sort of post partum cardiomyopathy. Can Viral Cardiomyopathy or Post Partum cardiomyopathy be cured if its only mild. Like with a 44% ejection fraction?
Hi there!

Yes, non-ischaemic cardiomyopathy may be reversible in about 20-50% of cases; however the chronicity of the condition may be associated with decreased chances of complete recovery.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!