Angina Community
Stroke Percentage

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Stroke Percentage

Iam 56 yrs old had 4 heart attack had stints 8 I had what my doctors said was 2 minor strokes and 1 largfer one but haave full function of my self I am trying to get best guess what are the chances of future stroke life style will change little
Hi i just read your post....i am so sorry that you have been going thru this but the great thing is that you are still here posting.  and lifestyle changes are HUGE in your case and is the one thing that you certainly should be doing for yourself.  I am assuming that your doc has you on blood thinners which is super important here as well as some sort of blood pressure medicine.  If you take your meds as your doc has told you to the % goes down tremendously.  As we all know strokes are caused from high blood pressure, clots, etc. and those two meds really reduce your chances of a reoccurance.  It sounds to me like you have seriously beat the odds,...we are in the same age group and i'll tell you what i am super pro active with my health to safeguard myself.  I too have had issues with my heart that required surgery and i was forced to make a complete lifestyle change and think it was what saved my life.  If i were you i would call the doctors office and tell them you want to increase your odds of a long life and would like to make an appt. w. the doc to ask him/her what they would tell their parents or sisters and brothers to do to give them the best chances.  Sounds to me like something is going right for you here tho....the issue w. a stroke is not like that of a heart attack....with heart attacks if they are not attacked agressively you could be pre disposed to others but sounds like they caught that one and knocked the wind out of the potential for more...the stroke or CVA situation is seriously all about lifestyle and maintenance...take the time to call the doc and give you a list or have them refer you to a stroke rehab site that will tell you what they suggest...you should also go onto our Medhelp site where it says forums on the top of your screen and pop up our stroke site...you'll get some wonderful information there to help you...good luck my friend...