Angina Community
Weird chest pains

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Weird chest pains

Hello, if anyone can help me with this it'd be greatly appreciated. I a 27 year old female in good health (no medical problems) non-overweight and active (I run, bike and lift weights occasionally). My problem is, for the last 3 weeks or so, every day I've noticed I'm getting a pinpoint sharp pain in my left chest randomly throughout the day. It can happen when I'm just sitting or walking around. It's a small sharp, almost squeezing pain just to the left of my upper sternum. Thought it might go away, but it hasn't. I've had it every day for the last few weeks and am now getting a little nervous! Any thoughts on the cause? I started a new job about two months ago working nights (7p-7a) which is very stressful...this is the only thing I could think of that may be causing chest pain but don't know if stress can cause this type of pain. I eat generally healthy as well. Thank you so much
Hi!

Such pains are usually muscular, especially if they are sharp and located to a tiny area on the chest. Stress may worsen it, so can overtime at work!! :)

Anyway, we are not doctors, and not even a doctor can diagnose chest pain over the internet. I recommend that you see your primary care physician about this, and preferrably get an EKG registered when you have pain.