what is a enlarged left ventricle?
what is an enlarged left ventricle and what kind of health problems can it cause? My doctor did not explain this to me. Can someone help me to understand?
It would depend upon how enlarged you are talking about..thru out life and as we grow older it is not uncommon for our ventricles to become enlarged slightly after living our lives..to put things into perspective for you the human heart beats more than 100,000 times a day in our lives..so it would be easy to understand how a ventricle could get a lttle stretched out or enlarged.  The measurements are what are important here and how enlarged it is...lots and lots of people live w. this w. no issues ever in their lifetime and trust me bad news comes fast from heart doctors.  They are in the business of saving lives and preserving lives or else they would all starve to death!!! If your doc doesn't seem to be concerned don't look for trouble where there may be none....if still in doubt call your doc and tell them that you would like an explanation from someone explaining what this could mean long term to you or if there is anything that you should be aware of......