Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
Getting married need sself help advice

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

Getting married need sself help advice

Bulimia became a small problem for me about 4 years ago. I started having "bladder infections" and other urinary problems shortly after that. Three years ago my dad died suddenly and this took my eating disorder out of my hands and out of control. Just recently my grandmother died, and then I got engaged. I have let my disorder spiral out of control and am not sure how to treat my disorders. It causes me to have many problems and I do not know where to begin to get this back under control. I think that it may stem from bipolar maybe because I have most of the symptoms described in that? Just easier to say I have no idea where to start?

1 Comment
hey krystin,

i have struggled with both anorexia and bulimia and i know how terribly overwhelming it all can feel, i'm so sorry this is something you are dealing with. first of all, i think it is wonderful that you actually WANT treatment, so you should be very proud of yourself for this :) the first place i went was a nurse practitioner at a nearby hospital who specializes in eating disorders (who has been such an angel in my life and with whom i still have a very close relationship). i also went through a few therapists which i found relatively helpful. i would recommend going the medical route first, i.e. a doctor or eating disorder specialist and talk to them about your e.d. history, where you are now with it, and where you want to be (i.e. recovered). best of luck hun, i know the road to recovery may be hard, but you are worth it and you CAN beat this!