Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Expert Forum
I think i may have an ED...

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

I think i may have an ED...

I am 26 years old. I have struggled with my body image since high school I started skipping meals and would only eat dinner, I got into college and did fine for awhile I actually ate fairly normal though I started weighing myself very frequently like 5 times a day. I got really depressed and stopped eating again I went from 118 to 92 pounds in no time at al. I am 5' tall. I do realize the problem and so I make myself eat.... until the fat thoughts get back in and I start over with the restricting and exercising (is 1 to 1.5 hours a day over exercising?) each time I start the restricting it lasts longer and longer. and I am beginning to not care that I am hurting my body. I hate it so very much. I've started restricting again and now down to 90 pounds and now I have a new problem..... this time I am not just restricting am chewing my food and spitting so I know this has gotten worse and I don't know what I should do about it. I have been doing this to my body for years and was able to control what I ate, when i ate it, how much etc. I could realize whati was doing and knock it off for a bit and now it seems to be consuming me.

what do i do? What will happen once I tell someone?
1 Comment
hi there,

is there someone you trust with whom you can confide in about what's going on? a parent? sibling? friend? bf? usually this is a good place to start. please keep us updated on how you are doing. best of luck.