Anxiety Disorder User Group
heavy chest with Atenolol
About This Group:

Suffering from frequent panic attacks? You're not alone.

Founded by Heather271223 on September 24, 2009
201 members

heavy chest with Atenolol

I recently had been having panic attacks every night since a surgery I had, and the xanax wasn't working as well for them, so the doctor put me on Atenolol to keep my heart from racing, and said after a while the panic attacks would stop and I could go off it.  I've never had to be on anything for them constantly, so I didn't want to now either.  Now each night when I would normally get a panic attack I feel a heavy feeling in my chest.  Kind of like my heart is worn out, or just heavy for lack of better wording.  Is this normal.  I took it one other time about 10 years ago, when I had a constant panic attack for 5 days, and it actually did stop them back then.  But I don't remember having this heavy heart feeling.  And can having too many panic attacks or ones that last a long time wear out your heart at all??  I know panic attacks are all about worrying, so I'm probably just worrying too much.  I was just wondering if anyone else knows or has the same thing.  Stacy  
i have had panic anxiety breathing since i was 21.i am now 44 happy in my relationship with a great family. i was admitted to hospital last week i had such bad panic and coulnt breathe,nearly fainted and had pins and needles from my hands and legs to feet.i have been on citilapram 20mg for about a year.I am better on myself the sweating and fuzzy head is much better.i just cant take a full breath in and little tasks i am breathless.I have asthma and it isnt that,taking my inhalor is a waste of time.i am into my 7th day and off work sick struggling to get a breath in still,and heavy feeling in my chest.my partner took me to the coast at the weekend and i felt so much better,tho by evening was struggling to get a breath in all the time.Got to ring my doctor for a sick note and hope to god it goes off soon.The tablets arnt kicking in at all.
Good evening to everyone I broke my leg in 3 different places several months ago when I fell from my ladder trying to clean my gutters and I am now still recovering from it. I completely understand you guys as I am suffering from anxiety due to this injury and now since I am unable to be active the way I used to; I am having chronic pain throughout my body.  I became very depressed in the first couple of months almost wanting to just sleep and never wake up.  The medication they prescribe to me made my stomach upset and I lost a lot of weight. I felt at times that I really had no were to turn as I rarely spoke to my family and friends.  I am now developing a relationship with the lord and feel so much better about myself. I am also optimistic about a product that I seen on television one evening.  I began to research some of the statements they made and so forth and it just made all the sense in the world to give it a shot.  I just started taking this natural product a few weeks ago and I am starting to feel some relief. I will keep you guys posted on how I continue to feel in the upcoming weeks.  Take care and god bless you and your families.
ndom101 I'm fucking paranoid! Comment
ndom101 joined this group
Welcome them!
a_waiting_butterfly81 commented on IVF FINANCING??
Jul 09