Arthritis Expert Forum
Pain only on left side of body
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding arthritis issues such as: Arthritis, Autoimmune Disease, Bursitis, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Myositis, Neuralgia, Osteoarthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sciatica, Tendinitis, Vasculitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pain only on left side of body

Hi,I was in a car accident in 2000. Pain started in left low back and left hip and neck. Many Mris and 120 physical therapy sessions later, it did lessen a bit. My left ankle at this time also was starting to hurt. Doctor suggested to take out uterus with fibroids. He thought it was laying on the left side and pushing against arteries/vessels? and aggravating the left sided pain. So had uterus removal. Within a few days of operation, pelvic area started to fill up with fluids. After 5 weeks went for CT scan. This showed huge areas of hyperdense loculated fluid. Kept aspirating fluid but it kept coming back. Then an external bag was put in place and I had to keep emptying bag for a month. At one point the radiologist called and said that they found a bacteria strepptococus. But when he found out that I had no fever he said that the results were probably not correct. While this bag was attached to me it was very painful when I would pump the bag to empty the bag. It would cause a certain path around my hip and stiffness in my neck and pain down my leg. As if it was touching an exposed nerve. It was all in the left side. I had the most severe pain around my left chest, side of neck, tingling of left cheek, tingling of fingers. When looking at the mirror I could see that the blue veins were standing out in front of my left chest area only. Thought I was having a stroke twice. Went to hospital. Emergency room did X-ray on chest. Gave me aspirin and let me go. Found no problems in heart. The doctors then operated on me yet again to take out ovaries. They were not sure if a lymphocele or ovarian fibroids were causing this water. After this last operation I have been in a bad shape.
My left hip trochanteric area is very tight with pain. When pushing against the left hip joint area I can feel little nodules that are inflamed. My left IT band is so tight and painful that I can hardly push against my bone there. Left knee and ankle pain. Almost as if my left side is dying. Constant tightness under shoulder blade, side of neck, under jaw and tingling on left side. Feel like there is not enough blood to go around. Being sent for another MRI of left hip. Can this MRI show if the titanium clip used in last operation is causing any problems? Can these clips cause blood flow problems? Could it show any lymph node inflammation? Should the doctor ask the MRI technicians to look for specifics? Everytime I lay on my back my muscles in leg and thigh twitches badly. Could there have been some nerve damage? If so, what tests are out there to see what happened in my pelvic area? If the bacteria that the lab found was actually there could it have gone into my bone and caused some infection there? My bone hurts. I don't know if it is artery, lymphnode, bone or tissue inflammation or what. Everyone is trying to help but I feel like I'm running out of time. Is there an infection that can be contained by anti-biotics? What test should be done? Please help me if you can.THANX