Swollen finger for months, now developing hard lumps
My index finger on my right hand has been swollen for quite a few months now. The swelling started spreading to my middle finger on the same hand. I went to a hand doctor, who did x-rays and an MRI. X-rays were normal, MRI showed "subcutaneous edema", which is swelling of the soft tissue in my two fingers. He ordered blood tests to test my ANA, RA, Uric Acid levels, white cell count, etc., which all came out normal.  As I have been waiting to get into a rheumatologist, I have developed three hard, small lumps on my index finger on my right hand.  It is super stiff and swollen still, and I'm super concerned about what is going on.  My mother was diagnosed with Lupus about 10 years ago, but my ANA and RA were both negative, so could I still be experiencing symptoms with those tests being negative?  I am a bit of a worrywart and don't want to give myself an anxiety attack, just looking for some answers while I'm attempting to be patient waiting for this doctor's appointment.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance. :)
How are you? What other symptoms are present? It is good that the initial diagnostic test results were normal. Some of the most common causes of swelling fingers include arthritis, fluid retention, and underlying issues such as cardiac problems, abnormal kidney function, and allergies. For proper diagnosis, direct clinical examination, your medical history and additional diagnostic tests may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted with your rheuma consult. Best regards.
As far as additional symptoms, I've been feeling feverish but with no fever... (the highest maybe being a 99.1), I've had bad headaches (which could be associated with allergies this time of year), other than that it's really just pain and stiffness within my fingers.  My back is constantly hurting and stiff too, but I broke 5 vertebrae in a car accident in 2007 and attribute my back pain to that.  I've seen a doctor for that and there is arthritis in my lower back, but I'm unsure if that could then affect my fingers.  I feel fairly lethargic sometimes - like I can't get enough sleep and when I have a day off of work I don't want to do anything. I don't know if this helped at all, but truth be told, I feel fairly healthy other than this finger stuff.  I'm just hoping and praying that it isn't Lupus or RA, as I have seen what my Mother has gone through while having Lupus.  She's a fighter and has had it for over a decade and it is under control, but she has to see a doctor nearly every week just to maintain.