Visit to Australia for 4 months when injecting with enbrel once a week
Hi I have been on Enbrel injections for over 4 years and i can't praise the drug enough fantastic results -   i have the chance to visit family in Australia for 4 months when i retire in 18 months time the only obstacle is my medication and how would it work with my getting enbrel injections and it is a long flight - is there a solution around this problem
Hello and hope you are doing well.

As you must be knowing Enbrel is self injectable, so you can take pre filled syringes with you and take them as indicated by your doctor. Take precautions with the temperature. Enbrel must be refrigerated at 2° to 8°C (36° to 46°F). Also, therapy with enbrel makes you most susceptible to infections, so take adequate precautions.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Call or check the airline's web site to ask about transporting medications on long flights when the med has to be kept cool. They may be able to store it in a refrigerator for you. Also check the government's guidelines on taking injectibles with you - for the most part, they won't have a problem with the syringes, but they may get antsy about the gel packs used to keep them cool.

Finally, call the prescribing pharmacy to ask for advice, and Enbrel.com as well. They can probably give you the best advice and maybe even provide you a special travel cooler.

Have a great trip!!