Arthritis Community
shoulder blade back pain

shoulder blade back pain

I have a burning pain in my left shoulder blade. It does not go away

This discussion is related to left shoulder/shoulder blade pain.
Hi.  Your post left me with lots of questions.  Can you tell me more?  Did you have a trigger event?  How long has it been this way?  Have you seen a doctor and did he/she run tests?  Have you tried any over the counter remedies?  Does it feel better if you apply heat?
Hi, i have had the problem before on my shoulder blade. It's a burning pain. And when someone slaped my back and hit my shoulder blade it caused a lot of pain. Even a gentle touch. I decided to not pay any attention to it as i played football and basketball. I had thought it was just a mere strain. After around 2 months or so the pain had went away. If you are very active or lift weights etc. then it might be that. But txsilver is the right one to follow here.
I get a burning sensation in my right shoulder blade that comes and goes. I haven't done anything extreme or out of the usual to cause this pain. I have had it three times so far and it happens when I am holding my two year old daughter. Anyone know if this is serious or not?
NavyChic79, you may very well have locked up a muscle in your back / shoulder blade area. You should schedule a couple of visits with a good pain relief massage therapist (licensed). Look for a neuromuscular massage specialist as they will have the skills / training to help you get this worked out. If left untreated this type of pain get get worse, last longer each time and become more difficult (take longer) to work out. It's much better to jump on it now while it's easier to undo.
You want to take your shirt off, let your arms hang loose to your waist. And have someone examine your blades to see if the sore side is higher up than the other.
This is a problem that sometimes accompanies or is the beginning of something called FS. Frozen shoulder syndrone.
If it is that, then you may be in for one hell of a ride. And doctors hate to call it that. even when you have severe shoulder pain. They will say Bursidus or injured rotor cuff. Because FS mean instant doctors note saying you can not work.
I have the same burning pain in my left shoulder blade off and on, but it is always worse at night. I also think it is related to carrying my daughter and/or my purse on my left arm. Massage is the only thing that really works for me. Luckily, I found a great massage therapist that uses deep pressure, sometimes just pushing on that "just right spot" for a few minutes erases the pain. Heat and BioFreeze help a lot too if I can't get right in to see the massage therapist. I saw a doctor once about this pain about 4 years ago, but all he did was prescribe Flexeril, and that just made me fall asleep. I only took it once. So, I have just learned to live with it, perhaps some day I'll go back to the doctor. But for now, I can get by on massage appointments-usually 2 or 3 visits in succession every 3 or 4 months do the trick.
I had surgey on a bursitis in left shoulder and  four monthes later pain in middle of left side of my back then left shoulder and ARM started hurting like it use to when I move it a certain trying to clean walls with a extented pole shoots a pain from shoulder to elbow. Now Dr. Wants to do shots in back and physical thearpy. I don't understand ,same pain  different area.