Arthritis Community
shoulder blade pain

shoulder blade pain

I have been having pain in my shoulder blade area, extending into my neck, and arm, all on my right side....has been going on for two weeks now..some days are better, some are worse...sometimes it seems to extend down my right side, and into my legs...dont know how i hurt it...did lift a  chair.....  is this muscular...or could it be a nerve problem...i have been to the doctor, before this incident...i had arthritis in the hips...i put heat on it, or get a  massge, it gets better...then i  sleep, and its bad again..what could be the problem....i also have taken ibuprophin....for a few days..thanks

This discussion is related to Neck and Right Arm Pain.
You have taken care of it the way you should and it still is not better so now it is time to get to the doctor to verify what is going on.  It could be muscular and just need stronger anti inflammatory meds and maybe even some muscle relaxers to allow it to heal.  
sounds like you have the same problems as i have Had some test done and they showed disc degeneration and bulging disc what i take is muscle relaxers and pain killers it does help
hi hi
i too have shoulder pains, and i have rheumitoid arthritis,
but last summer i had my right arm in a cast for wrist surgery and i think i damaged the muscels in shoulder and i am hopping it to get better
I try to rest it and streatch it and exercise it by lifting arm up and back and forth and i sometimes put ice on it in shoulder blade area.  it seems to help but not for long cause then i go and do something to hurt it again.  good luck to you and your shoulder.
Thanks for the advice...you are right of course...but, believe it or not, its finally getting better....I sleep better at night, and feel ok in the daytime....guess I pulled a muscle, and it took a while...thanks you again for your help
I just recently had a scan on my back...all was well, am getting better finally, thank you ror careing....
Hope you get better too...I had a tear in my rotator cuff, a few years back...sounds like that may be your problem...I went to the doctor, and he told me that was what i had, recommended rehab....couldnt do it just didnt have time....got better on its on....try putting heat on it...good luck....thanks for you advice...