Arthritis Community
tailbone

tailbone

I am 58, female, have M.S., osteoarthritis, 2 hip replacements and recently lost my balance in the bathroom and fell on my butt on  the ceramic tile floor, went and had x-rays, not cracked or broken but painfull, using a cane, very difficult to walk.  Can I do anything to help the pain, stiffness, the dr. gave me tylenol 3 for the pain.   It also hurts in the right groin area.
Hi there!

The pain is likely to be due to a bone bruise or a minor soft tissue injury. I would suggest rest, along with ice-packs/ warm compresses and tylenol/ NSAIDS for pain relief. It may take a few days/ weeks for it to heal and the pain to subside.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Yesterday I got kicked in the bottom. It hurts to stand up, sit down,and jump. Should I be worried?
I experience pain in my tailbone, and legs on a daily level, nothing has honestly ever worked, I hated the idea of having to take pills on a daily basis, but I finally gave in, as the pain became unbearable. I take Norco 10 2xs a day supposed to take 4xs a day, if you have problems with feeling sleepy, take with lots of caffeine, I honestly get drowsy within the first 45min, and it lasts about 90min but then I'm good. I also take meloxicam 7.5 2xs a day, Anti-inflammatory. Tho was all slightly effective, I just recently started taking zanaflex, they are 4mg pills, I was told to take 1-4 pills at bedtime, I took one whole one to start. They're nuts! Knock you completely out. Soooo instead I slowly built my tolerance, by taking half of a QTR, every couple hours, even in the day. This worked wonders.  Now I take a QTR of a pill every 4-6 hours which equals to one whole pill in a days time. I take this with my meloxicam, some ibuprofen, and about 4-6 500mg Tylenol in a the whole day, this has become extremely effective in providing a great deal of pain relief. Hope this information is at all helpful.
Had a broken tailbone, at 19 fell 20 ft off a mountain, got hit by a car at 12. I have horrible osteoarthritis along with mild scoliosis, and horrible nerve pain.
Thanks for sharing what works for you. You were wise to "play" with the dosage till you found a solution.  I'm sorry to hear about your condition and pain.

Sadly this is a very old thread - and your information will not be viewed by many. I encourage you to begin a new thread. Just click on the box at the top, right hand side of this thread where it says,  "Post a Question" and it'll walk you through.

I hope you'll be active in MedHelp. We chronic pain patients need support and sharing of information. Please join us.

My Best to You,
~Tuck