Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
3 week period! Is that normal

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

3 week period! Is that normal
Normally i have a 5 day cycle. I have no insurance so no pills, iud etc. As of today I have had a full on period (clotting, heavy, etc.) for 3 whole weeks. Except for 2 days last weekend. What can I do to stop this thing? I dont have any pain just excessive persistant bleeding.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.  

A period lasting 3 weeks is definitely not normal.  You could have something like fibroids, endometriosis, etc.  This really needs to be checked out by a doctor.  Have you looked into clinics in your area?  Often times, clinics can offer a pay scale (charging what you can afford) or a payment plan.  Good luck.

Bridget
Sorry i been trying for days to ask a question just never catch you on time. If you are willing can you help ?

Hello Nurse

I am writing this because i been battling a sinus infection for about 3  to 4 months, I never had a sinus infection before in my life until i had a tooth extracted, within 3 to 4 days from oral surgery i noticed i was in pain and then days later post nasal drip, headache, all the sinus issues and problems. I have not had any symptoms i read that is associated with HIV, but i do have unprotected sex with my boyfriend and he admitted he cheated twice within the last ten years. My question is quite simple , Is Sinus Infection a sign or HIV infection ? The doctor did a complete blood work on me and i am unsure if he tested for STD'S but the results came back fine white cells are all normal and my red cells were low due to anemia. Now for the past few days i have a extremely painful headache

I never felt like this or had any problems until the tooth extraction, also the doctor never put me on any antibiotics either could this be why the sinus infection never went away ?

Thanks for your time and i am looking forward your replies.