Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Am I Pregnant

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Am I Pregnant

I had a period augs.28-31 had sex in sept and havent had a cycle since can I be pregnant or is my body changing because of the season please let know what I should do. Thank you
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

The only way to know for sure if you are pregnant is to take a test.  You can take a home test or you can ask your doctor for a blood test.  Since you have already missed a period, you can take a test now and it would be accurate.  There are other possible causes for missing a period besides pregnancy such as an increase or decrease in activity level, increase or decrease in weight, stress, hormonal issues (such as thyroid), etc.  So, if your test comes out negative, still follow up with your ob/gyn. Good luck.

Bridget
I Did And Im Sadly Pregnant But Thanks
Hi, the beginning of my cycle in august was on the 30th and I found out I was pregnant last week  I am 5 weeks and 6days today.
I'm in the same boat as you girl but I hope i'm pregnant I took a 1.50 nonbrand name test and it said  negative on October 1st. My last period was August 24 n it was Very light I still haven't gotten my period so I hope I am!:) wish me luck plz
Hey ny last period was July 3 nd since then I haven't got my period again I when to the hospital nd I got a blood test but it was negative I did a couple of home test nd there were negative too a few of my girls been telling I look pregnant specially cuz of my belly I have a feeling but the I think about it nd maybe its jst in my head Could a blood test be Negative.
It depends on how they tested your blood, there are two different types of blood pregnancy tests. One in which Is like an at home pregnancy test and gives a yes or no, that one is not always accurate. The second tests the hcg level in your blood which is always accurate. Good luck!!