Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Pulse in stomach-please help!

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Pulse in stomach-please help!

I am a 22 year old girl, I have been having pain in my abdomen for 2 weeks now. It started out on te far lower left side. I went to the emergency room and had an ultrasound and stomah cat San and was told the doctor didn't see anything but that it was possibly an ovarian cyst due to the location. Since then he pain has been mild and sharp intermittently and moves around to different spots below my belly button. I also have a pulse in my stomach though I only feel it when I'm laying down. I looked up my symptoms an read about abdominal aortic anuerysms and I'm terrified. I have an appointment this week but I'm so scared I can't even sleep for ear something may happen while I'm sleeping, though the pain is mild because it has been ongoing. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Is it possible that is what I have or could it be something less serious? Is it safe to wait until my appointment or should I seek help sooner? Any advice would be appreciated. I am truly terrified.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

It is not unusual (especially if you are thin) to be able to see a pulse in your stomach when you are lying down.  It would be unlikely that you have an abdominal aortic aneurysm since you just underwent testing in the ER and everything turned up negative.  I think that you are OK to wait for your scheduled appointment.  However, if the pain gets worse, or you develop other symptoms, you should be seen sooner if possible or go back to the ER.  Good luck.

Bridget
I had a similar problem,only to find out i had an umbilical hernia,i am not saying it's a hernia, but the symptoms relate to what i had.  i wish you luck on further tests.