Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
infection

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

infection

My OBGYN told me i am sensitive in the vagina area, i got some test run and test results came back saying that i have a vaginal infection they gave me so cream for it but does this mean that i am going to be sensitive after the vaginal infection is gone ?
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Some women are prone to vaginal infections, meaning that they get them frequently.  I think this is what your OB/GYN was talking about.  As far as the discomfort of an infection, it should improve once the infection is cleared up by the cream.  You should ask your OB/GYN for information on preventing vaginal infections.  Some general ways to avoid infection are to always wipe from front to back after peeing, keep the vaginal area clean and dry, wear cotton underwear to absorb moisture and to allow for air to circulate, avoid using perfumed body washes and harsh soaps on the vaginal area, and use condoms during sexual intercourse.  Good luck.

Bridget
I am experiencing yellowish vaginal discharge since then. I went to the doctor last year and she said I have bacteria, she prescribed me Flagyl (Metronidazole Oral) but it did not work until now I still have the dischrage. I did the HIV test and it is negative.

I don't have some other symptoms but just the yellowish discharge and it smells fishy.
What may the cause of this?? what medication I may have??