Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
unsure

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

unsure
If i have a iud which is a mirena piece it can be inserted in the arm or vagina. I have mines in my vagina an i was wondering is it normal to have multiple periods in one month
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

An IUD is an Intra Uterine Device. It is implanted to prevent pregnancy.

While it is not uncommon to have spotting between periods when an IUD is first placed, this should subside over time. You do not mention how long you have had your IUD. I would reccomend speaking with your OBGYN to make sure.

Take care,
Cathy
Hey, my friend had one of those and was having a lot of problems like bleeding for weeks at a time. She finally went to the doctors, and she found out that she was pregnant and the iud was causing problems :( I don't think they are very healthy, because I have seen commercials where they were saying they cause tearing in the vaginal lining and stuff. I'd talk to a doctor.
I miss my period last month and spotting for 2 day and it stop
Its normal to spot a little when your pregnant I learned from my doctor.