Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
Side effect of vitamin D therapy?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Side effect of vitamin D therapy?

I have suffered from severe fatigue and muscle weakness for quite a while (I am a healthy weight and went from previously feeling perfectly fine to feeling very weak and tired all the time.)
Recently it was discovered that my vitamin D levels are very low, so I was put on 50000 iu Vitamin D once weekly for eight weeks.  I began this treatment about two weeks after I got on the pill, Sprintec.  
I have now taken 4 doses of vitamin D and I do not feel any better but in fact am experiencing even more tiredness and muscle aches/weakness, as well as some new joint pain that I never had before, and every so often my lower leg bones feel sort of like they're aching.  

Since I started the birth control pill and the vitamin D around the same time, I'm not sure which, if either, could be the problem.  Can 50000 iu Vitamin D cause fatigue and weakness?  Or could it be that the birth control pill I'm on has too much progestin for me and is causing me to be severely tired and weak?
Sex
:  
Female
Weight
:  
Current Medications
:  
Sprintec
Vitamin D 50000 iu (once weekly)
Adderall 30mg daily
Drug Allergies
: