Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
name of this medicine

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

name of this medicine

I had taken this medicine for my pimples.I don't remember the name of the medicine.It is a small white tablet in which 'wellcome h2b' is imprinted.its is of gsk company.please do let me know its urgent.i even enquired the gsk mumbai branch but they told me to contact  gsk US Branch but still no answer.so please tell me the name of this medicine.aishwarya from Mumbai.my doctor doesnt remember the name of this medicine.i want to know as it really helped me without any sideeffects
Tags: red pimples with white puss
Age
:  
23
Sex
:  
Female
Weight
:  
58
Current Medications
:  
not any
I have reviewed a number of internet-based pill-identifying programs with the information you have provided. One drug that comes very close to your description is the medication Thioguanine 40mg. This medication is manufactured by GSK, and has the imprint of WELLCOME U 3 B. It is a round, white table, and it is scored (a line through the middle).

This medication is indicated for the treatment of leukemia in the US. Without records, it is not possible to determine the exact medication you were taking. You should use this information only to have further conversation with your doctor until you can be sure which drug you were taking previously.  
sir i think its dapsone,this information i got it from one site.but i doubt,so can you please confirm and let me know the perfect name of this medicine