Breathlessness with Azithromycin
Problem: I suffer from mild asthma which severes at the time of season change. 2-3 Days Back I had a sore throat. So, As usual I started a course of azithromycin tablets. After taking 2 Doses, I started experiencing Breathlessness. I didnt take the third dose. I am currently taking Nebulizer and Inhaler. But the Breathlessness doesn't seem to vanish. Is it a severe side effect of azithromycin?
Tell your dr they can prescribe you a new medication for your throat....if something gives you shortness of breath annnnd you have asthma thats not good. Change the antibiotic. You dont want to get worse so its worth asking your doctor.
Such a reaction is unusual and should be reported to the FDA with the form they have on their site. There may or may not be a connection, however it helps everyone to report potential adverse reactions to any medication.