H1N1(swine flue)
Anybody  taking special precautions for the upcoming swine flue season? I'm taking the usual ones, handwashing,hand sanitizers, and I carry alcohol wipes for foriegn survaces. I'm not sure I'm taking the vaccine if and when it shows up though , not so sure I trust it. Let's all weigh in on swine flue avoidance especialy the vaccine.
Not worried at all, I have a immune system for a reason, let it work.  H1N1 is still just another type of the flu, the only reason it is so big is because of the media.

I have only ever got the flu once, and not once have I had a flu shot.
I get the flu once every 10 years, and it is always a very bad mix with my asthma. However, I don't feel getting the flu shot every year worth it for me, as it is such a rare event. For those who are prone to getting colds/flus every year, I think it would be worth while to do the shot and take the necessary precautions. Not everyone has a strong immune system. Especially the elderly and infants.
I hardly ever get sick but last year I took a flue shot for the first time and got really sick. So I'll probally stick to the ole imune system apparatus myself, even though the health media is pretty adament about asthmatics being particularly at risk for this virus. Just one more thing to worry about, the media do love a good panic! Mike
I never had the flu and never thought of getting the shot until 6 years ago -- I got the flu the spring of 2003.  Had a fever of 104 for 7 days, and really wondered if my brain would boil.  Now I always get the flu shot.  I'm kind of scared about the upcoming H1N1 season. Even with asthma, I haven't had pneumonia since I was a baby, but got really sick with acute bronchitis last year.  My kid's entering Kindergarten, however, so I fear it's only a matter of time.