Asthma Community
Itchy lungs and cough

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Itchy lungs and cough

Hi Doctors,
               I have itching in my lungs and cough many time it consulted doctor but the doctor examined my blood test and X-Ray and says no problem in here and gives me AMOXYCILLINE-500 mg one for every 6 hours and it goes off.
but this time i went to doctor and doctor gave me the same medicine and id didnot work. i wen to doctor doctor gave me derphylline and astha kind syrup the infection went off and came back again. what is the permanent solution for Itching Lungs and Cough with yellow flum. Can it be because of any tape worms or any insects?
if it is because of insects what can i do?

Hi there, the yellow mucus sounds like it could be a respiratory virus. Do you have any form of asthma? Tape worms or insects would not affect the lungs like that. It sounds to me like some sort of respiratory infection that might need a stronger form of anti-biotics. Are you a smoker by any chance?
Dear ZigoMan i am allergic to any kind of smoke. at present yellow mucus stopped but i am getting a lot of cough and because if which my throat is getting swollen. and if i sleep under fan or if i get exposed to cold air i am getting itching in side my lungs. Please help me get rid of this problem