Asthma Community
coughing spaghetti like mucus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

coughing spaghetti like mucus

Is it possible that asthma sytmptoms of coughing, and tighteness in chest and mucus can be caused by advanced invasion of roundworms in the lungs?  I have had very unproductive coughing and some times I get a clump of rather dry mucus that tooks like spagetti or worms.  I also have fatigue and a feeling of fullness all of the time.
I am not familiar with round worm invasion connection, but I do have the stringy thick mucus with my asthma.  

I hope that helps.
Even though I'm sure this had resolved itself long ago, it just sounds like Bronchitis to me. As an asthmatic myself I do tend to get Bronchitis once in a while due to built-up mucus in the lungs. The cough starts out dry for a while, then eventually produces the mucus. When I get up in the mornings I always cough up a ball of hardened mucus that sometimes looks spaghetti-like. It's simply old mucus that's been sitting in my throat all night that I cough up in the morning. Mucinex taken with a whole cup of water helps me clear the nasty balls of mucus right up. Also, fatigue is a super common symptom of Bronchitis. As for the fullness: with Bronchitis you get dried-up and dehydrated which, for me, can cause water retention (a.k.a., bloating). I certainly am no healthcare professional, but any time you have these symptoms, just know it's probably Bronchitis, which will resolve itself eventually. Ask your doctor if this comes back again.

Stay well!