Vitiligo repigmentation
I developed vitiligo shortly after giving birth, 18 years ago.
For the longest time it was stark white and large, segmental and on my face. I have it no where else.
Since I learned I have food allergies (most likely celiac, I have no had a biopsy to confirm, but suffer from a DH rash on my palms) and I have changed my diet, my vitiligo is pink, almost the same color as the rest of my skin now. it went from being stable to this "re pigmentation"
Is that what is happening? Further to that, can I assume I am correcting the underlying auto immune disorder? Will the vitiligo keep re pigmenting?
Hi!
Vitiligo is thought to be an autoimmune disorder with the body’s immune system destroying the pigment cells. Usually re-pigmentation is difficult to achieve and there may be some success with the various treatments available.
At times vitiligo is due to Addison’s disease, or hyperthyroidism or vitamin B12 deficiency or pernicious anemia. Treating these disorders can cause the vitiligo patch to re-pigment.
The other possibility is that you have Pityriasis alba. These are white patches of skin that appear due to mild dermatitis. Applying a moisturizing cream and keeping the skin well hydrated help decrease the whiteness and the patch looks like the normal skin color in fair skinned individuals.
Leukoderma or white skin patch can also appear due to tuberous sclerosis, leprosy, pityriasis versicolor, lichen planus, and syphilis. However, these may not be the cause in your case due to the presentation and behavior of the white patches.
Do discuss this with your doctor (skin specialist). Take care!
There are two other B vitamins that apparently have reversed the light pigmentation in some people with Vitaligo.

PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid), and pantothenic acid as B-5, Google these. I'm trying these right now.