943?1301585782
Baby Food Group User Group
Is he getting ready?
About This Group:

Help, tips and suggestions for parents on the topic of baby food. When to start, how to start, menu suggestions, questions and how to make your own baby food.

Founded by Heatherm4 on March 31, 2011
34 members

Is he getting ready?

Jasper will be 4 months old on the 12th. He is already starting to eyeball my food. He will be babbling away and as soon as I start eating he gets quiet and locks his eyes on my utensil. I don't want to start him too soon and I guess the only way to know is to try it.

He is EBF right now. I am going to  mill his brown rice and oatmeal myself. I have an attachment for the kitchen aid to do this with.  I also have one of those baby food makers that steams/purees all in one. Pretty excited about introducing foods but don't want to do it too soon.

Jasper is a tall and skinny baby. He has grown 7" since birth but he is on the light side ...according to those stupid charts. I think he has crazy high metabolism and he is SUPER active. I'm thinking food will help him pack on the weight.

So, I'm thinking for his 4th month birthday he might get to try some brown rice cereal.

What do you ladies think?
1 Comment
You could try a tablespoon of it and see how well he does. I fed my son his first cereal at 3 months and that was because of the same thing. He was starting to show signs of being ready. Now I'm at the point where he's 6 1/2 months and he's starting to show that he wants exactly what I'm eating so I'm feeding him actual chunks. There's a list I printed off on what to feed them when they start early. I think it's from homemade-baby-food.com or something like that. It's great. But with Brady I had him eating just the rice and oat cereals for the first whole month until he was 4 months and then I introduced other pureed foods!
Melissa_71 Merry christmas to all! Comment
Melissa_71 commented on mhv's status
Dec 19
Melissa_71 commented on mhv's status
Dec 16