Aa
A
A
Close
96108 tn?1197694930
Anybody know what this means MRI showsSclerosis of the margins L4-5 and L5-S1?
On my MRI results of the Lumbar spine one of the things it says is that is shows Sclerosis of the margins from L4-5 L5-S1. Does anybody know what that means?  I Looked up the word Sclerosis and it means thickening of tissue. Is that due to Arthritis?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1

Scoliosis is a curving of the spine:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/scoliosis.html

http://www.niams.nih.gov/hi/topics/scoliosis/scochild.htm
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
538635 tn?1242404668
is scoliosis curable? i too have scoliosis and a crushed disc and have been having alot of back pain. Whats the best way nto ease the pain without alot of pain meds?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
745975 tn?1258964522
scoliosis is generally not curable.... if it is mild it is left alone, if it is severe it is corrected though a spinal fusion. if it is idiopathic and you catch it at a young age before the major growth spurts, major curavature can be avoided using a back brace.

if you are experiencing back pain you should see an orthopedic surgeon for an evaluation...

I had a major spinal fusion for my scoliosis and no longer experience any back pain at all. I had idiopathic scoliosis in my upper back and though i still have a curve it is fused together and pain free!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I think she was referring to Sclerosis not scoliosis.. Sclerosis literally means hardening. Application to the spine, lack of flexibility. Hope this helps.. Good Luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
Top Pain Answerers
547368 tn?1440545385
Blank