Back and Neck Surgery Expert Forum
I'm in pain!!!
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Back and Neck Surgery Forum! This forum is for questions and support regarding back and neck such as: Herniated disc, Pinched nerve, Sciatica, Degenerative spine disease, Spinal stenosis, Spine trauma and fractures, Spine tumors and Spine treatment options.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

I'm in pain!!!

I am 39 years old and in August 2010 had a synovial cyst removed L5/S1, laminectomy. I was pain free for only one month. Since Oct. I have had pain in my left thigh but recently it has gone into my left hip and groin as well. The pain is unbearable. MRI on 12/24 shows... moderate to marked left sided recess stenosis L5-S1, left sided facet arthritis causing mild sac compression,left sided facet joint effusion, contiguous10 x 8mm synovial cyst(Yes, it grew back!!),moderate to severe left S1 root compression. I contacted my surgeon. He can't believe the cyst grew back. I am seeing 2 different surgeons for opinions next week. I have tried massage, PT, epidurals, lots of Neurontin and heavy duty narcotics, TEMS unit, heat, ice..The only time I am not in pain is when I am lying down on my right side, that's it. Sitiing, standing, walking are unbearable. I get these strong stabbing pains in my thigh and groin that bring me to my knees.I am a teacher and have to stand all day. Do I need another surgery? What can I do?
Tags: Pain, Cyst, surgery