Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community
Lap Band Surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

Lap Band Surgery

Hi everyone, I'm new here. well i'm getting lap band surgery June 7th, i  lost 25 pounds . and im very ver exited, the thing is that im getting surgery because i was diagnosed with pocs  2 yrs ago, so i've been taking metformin and provera ... i havent get pregnant yet so my doctor told me that i needed to lose weight,i always been a big woman all my life , im really worried right now because i only got my period if i take the provera, so i just got my period again yesterday and i havent take the provera. is this  ok? someone help me please.

thank u
Congratulations on your band!  I was banded on June 29, 2009 and have lost 130 + pounds - only 15 to go.  If you have any questions or issues you need to discuss, please feel free to message me and I will be happy to share experiences/advice with you.  Good luck and much success to you!  (One day soon you'll be Broccoli16 instead of Cupcake16!)  Oh, and lay in some juice (100% fruit - like grape) - after my surgery I was never hungry, but craved juice!  Also Powerade Zero and water, water, water.  Oh, and MOST IMPORTANT - take a small sofa cushion with you to the hospital - they may give you a small pillow to take home with you, but if they don't, you will really need it.  Hold it tight against your tummy each time you move, sneeze, cough.  It keeps things from jiggling around inside and REALLY cuts back on the pain you will experience.  My pain wasn't bad, but the pillow helped more than any of the painkillers!  
Well, you might have started a period on your own because of the weight loss. 25 lbs does make a difference.
thank u!!! :)
Thank u!, i got the pillow  already lol Cant wait!

hugs