Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
paraguard

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

paraguard
I have the iud paraguard since 2010 and I'm still spotting and my period does not come constistently and I feel like I have no control of my spotting.. went to the dr and the iud is ok.. should I take it out... I don't know what to think..
Hi!
Ir you were my patient, I would have to advise you that the Paraguard is not going to help you with cycle control.  It is a very effective birth control method though.  If you want BOTH cycle control and the convenience of an IUD, you might wish to speak with your doctor about the Mirena. Many women find that with the Mirena, their period diminishes to spotting or even goes away.  
Hope this helps!
Dr B
hi i had the paragard but after it broke i had to get a d and c on 9/11 to remove it i had very little bleeding after. My dr told me to wait 3wks to have sex but my husband and i only waited 4days its almost 6wks later and no period. I took a pregnancy test last week but it came back neg. Wat should i do!
I had a Paraguard for many years and had very regular cycles.  To my knowledge, there is no hormone in the Paraguard, and is part of the reason I chose that method.  However, although my cycles were regular, my periods were pretty heavy and at times uncomfortable.  I eventually switched to a hormone method and liked it better.  ,