Nucleated Red Blood Cells
Hi, I've recently found out that I have detectable NRBC's floating around in my blood.  I just keep coming across things like leukemia, metastases, and anemia.  My level was 0.17 percent, but otherwise my cbc was normal.

I wouldn't worry so much if I didn't have pain and symptoms, and a brain lesion. I'm just wondering, does NRBC always mean a serious underlying disorder?  

Hi!
I can understand your concerns. NRBC can be seen in anemia, especially due to sickle cell anemia or thalasemmia. So, it is important to get an electrophoresis study of hemoglobin. Other than this, as you have read, myeloproliferative disorders of the bone marrow and leukemia are the cause. Since, rest of the blood count is normal, cancers of the blood are less likely. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you so much for your answer!  I was relieved to find out today that I have a mild anemia, which is probably at the root of this. My doctor said not to worry and that it isn't severe in the least.  Thank you so much. For a while there I was concerned!  

N