Blood Disorders Community
Severe anemia all of a sudden for no reason?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

Hello, my mother who is 54 has been feeling fatigued and dizzy the last few months. She went for a blood tests and they saw that her red blood cell count was low for severe anemia (I think ike she had a 7.7). She was admitted to a hospital for a transfusion. They did tests such as a colonoscopy and endoscopy but found nothing.

Is it possible to get anemia all of a sudden with severely low levels for unknown causes? Any ideas what else it could be. Could it be iron or something, or that wouldn't happen all of a sudden and cause severe anemia?
Tags: anemia
bump
My daughter has lower levels and is still functioning, But has other health issues not related. she has raise inflamatory markers. Hope you mum gets some more testing done.. :)