Von Willebrand's Disease and intimacy issues
Hi I was diagnosed with Von Williebrand's Disease five years ago due to bleeding during intercourse. After multiple tests (Paps, STD testing, HPV testing, Colposcopy, transvaginal ultra soumd, abdominal untrasound) my gyocologist found the blood disorder. The only thing that seemed to help was a high dose BC pill which I decided to go off of due to cost and the fact that I want to begun trying for a baby in a few months. So of course, the bleeding has returned. I have done a lot of research online about sex and blood disorders and can't seem to find much info. So my question is does anyone experience this with vWD and if so how have you been dealing with it? It makes me not want to be intimate with my husband which is of course a problem.
Hi!
Well, Von Williebrand's Disease by itself will not cause a decreased libido. However, Antihemophilic factor-von Willebrand factor complex, if has been used in your case to decrease the vaginal bleeding could be the cause of decreased libido.
Prolonged vaginal bleed can be traumatic and weakening. This could be a cause of decreased libido.
The other possibility is that you have vaginal dryness. There are many problems that cause vaginal dryness such as hypothyroidism, Sjogren’s syndrome, vaginitis or inflammation of vagina, dermatitis of skin around vagina, condom allergy, or allergy to soaps and lotions. Other causes could be hormonal changes, vaginal infection, depression, PCOD and diabetes.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your gynecologist and hematologist and discuss this. Take care!
I have same bleeding disorder I was diagnose since I was born I have sever, I've been they a lot with bone bleeding external made me depress for a while but I learned to live with it an except it, I am pregnant now I'm 4 months an 1 week , I'm due sep 23 everything is fine but I'm getting some blood clot factor before due date, like 2 weeks before, the give u 'hamate p p factor' I should be fine they told me I'll be fine since they do have medicine to stop bleeding