Blood Disorders Community
tests to diagnose protein S & C deficiency

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

what tests should I ask my physician to order to rule out or rule in protein S & protein deficiency?

I have some family members with this and want to know if I have it before deciding whether to go on estrogen hormone replacement for menopause symptoms.
Tags: Protein S deficiency, protein c deficiency, Blood clots
Hi!
Usually all protein deficiencies can be known by specialized electrophoresis tests for proteins. It is true that estrogen therapy can amplify protein S deficiency. You need to consult a hematologist for this test, which is a specialized test. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you.  I was thinking about going to a hem/onc, but was hoping I could get a list of tests and have them ordered by my PCP.  I will make a hem/onc appt.