Bone Cancer Community
Could it be???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bone cancer, including bone tumors, osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma.

Could it be???

I have had a bruise on left ankle for at least two months (that's when I marked it on calander b/c I had noticed it for a long long time)
Had MRI yesterday of L knee and notice a definite black spot on the bone. Not on the edge where it touches cartilage...more like in the actual bone.
Could this be cancer? Any ideas whatsoever?
I know I'm just guessing here....but I'm a nurse and I always want to know as much as possible before seeing the doctor.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
It is difficult to comment anything without a detailed clinical examination. Any investigation has to be correlated clnincally.A MRI is very useful to investigate the source of many potential knee problems and conditions. An MRI scan helps to show the internal structures within your knee, including bones and soft tissues. It is helpful in the diagnosis of tears, fractures or degeneration within the joint. Dark spot can be due to any injury, inflammation, infection or malignancy.MRI report is not itself sufficient to determine the treatment needed in any situation. MRIs must be used with the patient’s history of injury, physical examination findings, x-rays and other studies, to determine an appropriate treatment plan. Do write to us again.
Best luck and regards!