Bone Marrow Transplant Expert Forum
Granulomas in Bone Marrow?

This forum is a place to get answers to your questions about bone marrow transplantation. It is also a place to find others who share your interest in bone marrow transplant.

Granulomas in Bone Marrow?

Hi there, I found out I have granulomas in my bone marrow and was tested for ??  No answers came back, everything seems find they mentioned MGUS?

any information on this would be great... it's abit worrisome for me.
thanks
wobbly
Hi Wobbly,

It is uncommon to find granulomas in the bone marrow.  When we do see them, there can be many different potential causes including: various types of infection, autoimmune diseases, medications, or malignancies.

In the majority of patients, MGUS (monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance) is a benign condition, but in some it can progress to a cancer called multiple myeloma. There is no treatment for it, but it should be monitored. MGUS can also be present in patients who have other autoimmune or chronic inflammatory conditions.  

It would be best to discuss with your physician.

Good luck.