Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Pituitary tumor and low testosterone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Pituitary tumor and low testosterone

My testosterone level is 6 and my doctor tells me it's from the tumor on my pituitary is this level low enough to cause fatigue and muscle aches and well just feeling like crap
Also what makes me look so flushed all the time sometimes I am ok and then the next day look like a lobster I have had 5 months of this and am getting real over all this I need to find a good endo in Perth Australia
Uh - low level of what? Of LH and FSH?

Flushing - looking red and low testosterone...hmmm look up Cushing's syndrome. Elevated cortisol suppresses testosterones, makes you red, suppresses thyroid and other hormones like thyroid too... you may not have all the classic symptoms now and so this doc may not know what to do but the hidden ones should be enough for a neuro-endo. Do you have any pituitary centers?
I'm am so new to all of this before my gp sent me to a endo he did so many blood test the only things that came up were low testosterone and a slight elevation in my white cell count which he said was an infection he gave me antibiotics and tested again about a month later which came back normal apart from the testosterone again he also did a ultrasound on my kidneys which show a few cysts on them. I have googles pituarty centers and came up with nothing for Perth wa
Find an endo at a university and ask if they treat pituitary - or google neuro-endocrinologist. It may take a bit. I will PM you some leads.
Hey what is a dynamic MRI is that when they inject with a contrast I think they called about 2/3 into the scan or is this some other kind of scan
As long as the inject while you are in the MRI and don't pull you out - then it is dynamic. They then can take images while the contrast is going in and record the uptake - a lot of teeny tumors show up that way.
Dynamic is a technique. It does require skill - the contrast has to be done right or the pics will be too white or too black.