Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
TSH Test Range

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

TSH Test Range

I finally had my appt to do the hormone tests for my tumor.  My TSH came back at 3.4 and she said that was normal. Mayo Clinic only recognizes the  old range of .5-5.5 My Free T4 was 1.2 and the antibodies were neg. So everything is normal. I asked her about Free T3 she did not run a Free T3 so what about a conversion problem and she said if I did it would have shown up as a child. I think it's time for a new clinic what are everyone else's thoughts about this range controversy, new clinic and going 11 month after initial diagnoses to retest all the hormones?  She said all the other hormone were normal - 24 hr urine cortisol, growth, testosterone and I would receive the written report next week so than I'll have more info on exactly what tests were done and the numbers. FRUSTRATED Help!!!!
Let me understand this - you know you have a tumor, I have to presume a pituitary tumor - and you go to Mayo?
I do suggest you go to a pituitary center for follow up, more testing, and to get treatment.

Do you know what kind of tumor you have?

I will be away so responses will be delayed - sorry.
Thanks for the response.  I do have a pit tumor 3x4 micro and I do go to Mayo they keep telling me that it is not doing anything and that this is an incidential.

They have never told me what kind it is.

Where is there a pituitary clinic?  Are there any in the midwest?
There are many different kinds of pituitary tumors. Some are more of a concern that others - some can be treated with medication, others need surgery. To not test and find out, is a travesty.
Universities usually have them - but you may have to travel.
Pain Tracker
Pain
melimeli commented on KeeLolo's status
Aug 21
lola4686 added the Diabetes Tracker
Aug 17
lola4686 Struggling to get my prolac... Comment
Aug 17