Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Worried

I am a 15 year old male and very worried over this kind of thing. Now today I was sitting at the computer when the hearing in my left ear completely stopped and was followed by ringing until I could hear again. It only lasted a few seconds. I also had tingling and numbness in my limbs as well. I have also had dull to sharp pains all across my head for the past few years. As far as my vision goes it has been harder for me to focus on one thing. I'm not nearly as worried this time around because I had a blood test and a CT scan no less than a year ago and everything was fine but I am pretty sure I have anxiety and reassurance really helps. Any answers would be great and I apologize for yet another worry about brain tumors question.
What you are describing with your ear is called meniere's syndrome or meniere's disease. It is an ear issue, not a brain tumor. You can go see an ENT and get checked for it - the tests are not fun. I have it as well.

When do you have tingling and numbness? When do you have trouble focusing? Have you brought this to the attention to a doctor with specific examples?
Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing the tingling was just an anxiety attack and same for the focusing problems so I will wait a bit to see if those get better. The meniere's syndrome thing does sound a lot like what I had so I will probably go to doctor soon to see. What do they do for the tests?
They run water in your ears and tilt you on tables, things like that - it is great fun...
I have had the meniere's since I was a kid too and I am oldish now... it is weird, but you basically have to learn to cope It can happen at any time.
I don't think that could be it because I read that attacks normally lasted a few hours and my hearing only went out for a few seconds. The tingling really has not gotten any better ether. I have also started felling sick to the point where I almost throw up. My other ear is now pounding with a dull pain every so often as well. Hopefully I can get to a doctor soon to get looked at.