Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
memory loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

memory loss

my friend got brain tumour due to a head injury 3 years ago n it spreads in her whole body. she had many surgeries n due to that she had serious memory losses 3 times in the past 3 years. in all these memory losses, she lost most of her memory but remembered few persons which were important to her. her last memory loss was occured on 28th august, 2009 due to another surgery meant for cleaning out the tumour from her whole body. this time she dun remember ANYTHING except one person. is there any chance of recovery of her memory? also i wanted to know that if she lost her memory, is it gone forever or can she be able to remember any part of it after another memory loss?
The brain is a strange thing. It could be that older memories may come back as those are more firmly "embedded" so to speak which is why she could remember that one person.

As for gone forever, it may return in snippets - but it all can depend on what was removed as to how much and when.

Do you have photos and things to show her to jog the memory? A little bit may help, but I would not overwhelm her.
no she is not very keen to remember her past so we didnt try to show her photos or anything. but the thing is that she has 3 big memory losses before n in all those losses, she remembered 2 persons. this time she remembers only one of them n that person died 11 years ago!! (the other person was her lover)
Memory can be an odd thing... I hope she does well.