Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
pineal gland cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

pineal gland cyst

I was told by my doctor I have a pineal gland cyst. I have bouts of dizziness, problems sleeping, vision blurring, migraine headaches. The doctor said the cyst is about 12 cm. I have been checked by my ophthalmologist, personal doctor and got a second opinion. They gave me medication and said, lets see if it gets bigger in 6 months. I don't want to wait. I want a specialist to check it and treat if possible. This is no way to live. I have to work. Driving is a big part of it. Can you tell me what kind of specialist I need and who you would recommend on the east coast?
Was your opthamolagist a neuro-opthamologist? Did you see an endocrinoligst or neuro-endocrologist? Do you have copies of all your tests and scans?

The type of surgeon you need is a skull base surgeon who does endoscopic surgeries like pituitary surgeries - through the nose. You already have a lot of symptoms, so you can get another opinion from doctors like those.
Hi!

I also have a 12mm Pineal Cyst, I also have bleeding into my cyst which my neurologist said was caused by a weaken blood vessel.  

I have had tests down on my vision to check my upward gaze which was fine and have seen one neurosurgeon who recommended having it checked again in 3 months to see if it has grown.  I am going tomorrow for a second opinion.  

I feel the same way you do...My headaches are to the point where I cant funcion anymore and the constant dizzyness scares me..I am afraid something is going to happen while I am driving.

When I had the MRI done, they also did a sonogram of my tyroid and found that it is enlarged, and I have a few cysts there as well, but they are too small to biopsy.  All of my tyroid blood work came back normal.

The neurosurgeon I am seeing tomorrow specializes in skull based surgery and pituitary tumors, so hopefully he can be of some help!  I'll let you know how it turns out!
Pain Tracker
Pain
melimeli commented on veronica0808's status
May 28
melimeli commented on Belle313's status
May 27
melimeli commented on photo
May 26