pineal gland cyst
I was told by my doctor I have a pineal gland cyst. I have bouts of dizziness, problems sleeping, vision blurring, migraine headaches. The doctor said the cyst is about 12 cm. I have been checked by my ophthalmologist, personal doctor and got a second opinion. They gave me medication and said, lets see if it gets bigger in 6 months. I don't want to wait. I want a specialist to check it and treat if possible. This is no way to live. I have to work. Driving is a big part of it. Can you tell me what kind of specialist I need and who you would recommend on the east coast?
Was your opthamolagist a neuro-opthamologist? Did you see an endocrinoligst or neuro-endocrologist? Do you have copies of all your tests and scans?

The type of surgeon you need is a skull base surgeon who does endoscopic surgeries like pituitary surgeries - through the nose. You already have a lot of symptoms, so you can get another opinion from doctors like those.
Hi!

I also have a 12mm Pineal Cyst, I also have bleeding into my cyst which my neurologist said was caused by a weaken blood vessel.  

I have had tests down on my vision to check my upward gaze which was fine and have seen one neurosurgeon who recommended having it checked again in 3 months to see if it has grown.  I am going tomorrow for a second opinion.  

I feel the same way you do...My headaches are to the point where I cant funcion anymore and the constant dizzyness scares me..I am afraid something is going to happen while I am driving.

When I had the MRI done, they also did a sonogram of my tyroid and found that it is enlarged, and I have a few cysts there as well, but they are too small to biopsy.  All of my tyroid blood work came back normal.

The neurosurgeon I am seeing tomorrow specializes in skull based surgery and pituitary tumors, so hopefully he can be of some help!  I'll let you know how it turns out!