Calcium deposits or calcification whats the difference
I have been diagnosed as high risk osteoporosis. Now if this is caused by lack of calcium then how can I have calcium deposits or calcification whichever it is on breast? I may be stupid asking this but its bugging me trying to understand it all.  I researched these calcifications and it sounds like they are in fact calcium deposits, and if I am lacking in that area I sure don't get how I have excess layiing on my breast.
Hi.

The calcifications in the breast are produced by abnormal cells that do not usually follow the normal body rules.  They can produce these calcifications regardless or independent of the body levels of calcium.  these abnormal cells can be benign tumors or cancerous tumors depending on appearance and histology.

Furthermore, the blood level of calcium is maintained within a strict level of balance by hormones.  The calcium in the bones is sacrificed to maintain adequate blood levels so even if the bones are already osteoporotic, your blood calcium levels may be normal.

Regards.
Calcium in bone is quite diffferent than microcalcifications found within the breast tissue. We lose bone mass for a number of reasons ... age, poor diet or lack of the ability of the body to absorb our intake of calcium. Hormonal changes also have an effect on the loss of bone mass; weight bearing exercises help as well as calcium suppliments along with Vit.D. I wouldn't say you have an excess of calcium as those little specks do occur normally within breast tissue ... when they are observed in groups or clusters they are an indication of the reaction of breast tissue to an abnormality.  
Thank you both for the information, I appreciated your taking the time to explain that. My surgeon did as well, but I like all the info I can absorb.  I think I understand it now. Thanks.