Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Odd breast symtoms(symptoms)

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Odd breast symtoms
I'm 36 and have had an ithcy nipple for a number of months. There are no visible symptoms, just an itch. Last few weeks I've had a feeling that comes and goes, like a milk let down(no milk though)(I'm not pregnant and last child weaned 2 years ago). For a day or two the feeling was more of an intermitent throbbing(not painful, just feeling pulse) Now it's less of a tingly let down feeling and more of a momentary, localized (one area consistently) pressure or tightening feeling. I can find no lump and all these symptoms are in one breast only. I have needed to get my hormones checked (irregular cycle, moody, hair loss, etc) and have an appointment for one month away. My questions are, do you have any ideas of what my symptoms might be? and should I get into the Dr. sooner?
Dear maof5:  Breast pains and sensations can be caused by a variety of things and are not usually associated with cancer.  However, if you are concerned, a doctor visit is in order.  Whether the appointment needs to be moved up depends on your comfort level.  
Do you ever get the feeling that your breast is leaking?

I had that feeling on and off for 2 or three years.  I would even feel my shirt to see if it was wet over the nipple.  It always was not.
But I did find that I had breast cancer <advanced stage 3) in that breast later.

I have taken aLL THE TREATMENTS AND AM FINE 4 YEARS AFTER THE
SURGERY.  The whole breast was removed.  

I am being very aware of the feelings in my other breast.  If it gets to feeling like it is leaking,  and is not,  I am heading to my surgeon for tests.
(I have had yearly mammograms for the last 20 years.)

Do not mean to frighten you,  but be award of the feelings in your breast.
A related discussion, Im only 26 and having trouble with my right breast was started.