Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Phylloides Tumor

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Phylloides Tumor
My sister-in-law is 37 and was recently diadnosed with this.  What can and can't be done to rid her of this.  What is her life expancy.  Is there anything positive I can tell her?
Dear dmoore:  It depends specifically on her circumstances.  Please refer to the following.  This information regarding phyllodes tumor is directly from the textbook
I had a phyllodes tumor removed 3 years ago via a masectomy.  Mine was benign.  What stage is your sister in law's in?
I had reconstruction surgery following the masectomy.  I have regained a normal life.  No problems.  

My bigggest struggle has been with the fact that I did not have cancer but the insurance companies view me as though I did.
A related discussion, Effects of radiation therapy was started.