Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Pregnant with Breast Lump

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Pregnant with Breast Lump

I am 20 years old and on Dec. 1st 2005 I had a benign breast lump removed out of  my right breast. I am currently 7 months pregnant and have been producing colustrom for around a month now. About 2 weeks ago I found a lump in the exact same spot where the other one was removed. I went to the doc and he did a ultrasound to see wether it was scar tissue or another lump he said that it looked like scar tissue but wanted to see me every 4wks to keep a eye on it because of my hormones with being pregnant and all. It is movable and it varies in size one day small one day big and is also tender. The day after my doc apt. I found a tiny lump in my left breast same spot as the other one. This one feels like there are other surrounding it but this one is movable and is tender and when I feel on it I get pain throughout my breast. There is no breast cancer in my family but there is a history of cancer.I still have 3 wks until my next apt and I am worrying myself crazy. I know I am young but all I can think about is the worst and that being me having cancer dying and my baby being left without a mother and my husband all alone. Im not sure what to think or what to do I cant find any info about being pregnant this far along and finding a lump. What do you think ?? Should I be as worried as I am and what steps should I take ? I know that when i go adn see him Im defintely going to tell him about the new lump and im sure he will do a ultrasound , but I think I am going to ask for a mamogram (mammogram) and a biopsy I did it with the other one and Ill do it agian if I have to what do you guys think ??
Dear green27909:  It is not uncommon for breast tissue to feel lumpy.  If the lumps are getting bigger and smaller, they may be related to the hormones of pregnancy.  At your age, and being pregnant, a mammogram may not be useful.  If you are concerned, you could seek the opinion of a breast specialist.
Is it normal that my breasts feel lumpy one minute and one minute not and just the lump is the only thing I feel ? It too tho varies in size one day to the next. Should I be worried about this being cancer related ?
A related discussion, breast cancer and being pregent was started.