Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Sensation in breast

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Sensation in breast
I have a sensation in my breast...a tingling feeling...like a small electric shock, on the nipple and traveling back to the right side of the breast.  I thought it was gone after my biopsy because I thought the lump that the Dr. removed was on a nerve, but the feeling has returned.  It drives me crazy, especially taking of clothes and drying from showering.  What on earth could this be?  Thank you for this site, as I am waiting on a third opinion on a biopsy done just a couple of weeks ago.  I may have more questions....so thank you for being here.
Dear FlaLady:  From what you describe, it sounds like your discomfort is related to some type of nerve stimulation.  Breast cancer is not usually painful, so this may not be at all related to the reason you had a biopsy. If your biopsy results are benign, you might consider seeing a medical breast specialist who can help sort out the source of your discomfort and recommend treatment options.
Could this be the beginning of Padget's Disease?  I have read that a "tingling" is one of the symptoms.  Although I know it usually has a lesion or scaliness around the nipple, I was wondering if maybe we caught this early, too.  Thank you again for your correspondence.   I greatly appreciate it.  FlaLady