Breast Cancer Expert Forum
soft lump on left armpit with discharge

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

soft lump on left armpit with discharge

I had a hard lump on my left amrpit for a while. When i went to the doctor she told me that it was just a swollen node. Nevertheless, a few months later that lump stayed there. About 3 weeks ago that lump became soft and one day it just pop like a pimple. The discharge was yellowish and thick. I thought that would be the end of that, but the lump filled up with the discarge again and got large and soft, and then preceded to pop again. Also, this lump comes with sharp, needle like pain just to the area. It has also become very bruised ater it popped (balck/purple) and it has a little whole where discharge keep coming out from. I'm afraid it might not just be a swollen lymph node. What could it be?
Dear luckylexy:  This sounds like an abcess (abscess) (area of infection).  It could be from something as simple as an ingrown hair.  You might consider seeing your doctor since it continues to drain.  You may need an antibiotic.
Probably one of two things: an infected sweat gland, or an infected oil gland (sebaceous cyst.) Neither is dangerous, but in either case it won't go away without attention: meaning, most likely, a minor surgical procedure to remove or more widely drain it.
Hi i am about 14 and i have had bumps under my arm for about a year now. they only come out at night and they itch and they hurt very slightly. my mom thinks it is because i dont wash but i take a shower everyday and they still come out. some people have said it is in grown hair and it will pop one day. so if u have any idea at all about my problem please answer me!
A related discussion, discharge was started.