Breast Cancer Community
thickening of breast wall

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

thickening of breast wall

what is thickening of breast wall does it mean I could have cancer

This discussion is related to thickening of the breast wall.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by thickening of the breast wall. If the breast tissue is more dense than usual this could cause the tissues to be described in this way. Without benefit of more information I find it impossible to adequately answer your question. You might discuss this in detail with your Physician as I presume that you have had some type of examination to arrive at this conclusion.    Regards ....
I will be having another mamo and ultrasound next week. I just wanted some info on what thickening of the breast wall can be,because I never heard of it before. Thank you for your help
Thickening of the breast wall is one among many symptoms that may be suspicious for breast cancer, but as with all symptoms, something like this does not usually occur in isolation. I think this is why they want to do a repeat mammogram, and am I correct that this was picked up on a recent mammogram?
A related discussion, Denseness or thickening of the breast was started.
Has anyone found a reason for this problem. The denseness keeps growing. If the breast is growing but there is no cancer, what is wrong??