Burns Community
2nd Degree Burn
About This Community:

Burns are damage to any body tissue that is caused by chemicals, electricity, flammable liquids, flammable gases, fire, heat, hot liquids, fire, radiation, steam or sunlight. Discuss topics including sunburns, rug burns, varying degrees of burns and how to treat them.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

2nd Degree Burn

A month ago I burned myself on my leg - the burn is about the size of my hand.

I decided to give it a few days, and applied bacitracin, a fat gauze and a normal gauze over it.

4 days later an open sore appeared and it really started to hurt,so I decided to go to the hospital. I was diagnosed with a 2nd degree burn. They applied betadine and put a bandage over it.

Now, instead of one open sore, there are two. Other than that, the burn seems to look the same (with no visible improvement).

What should I do?

Tags: 2nd degree burn help
Related Discussions
Hi,
How are you? Are there other symptoms like increased pain, redness, fever, swelling or discharge? Second degree burns occur when the first and second  layer of skin ( epidermis and dermis)  has been burned through. Blisters, severe pain and swelling may also be observed. It is good that your skin lesion was already seen and evaluated by your doctor. However, if the burn persists and does not heal well, have this checked by your doctor for proper management and top rule out secondary bacterial infection.Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Burns Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...