Burns Community
Burn on Scrotum from Depilatory

Burns are damage to any body tissue that is caused by chemicals, electricity, flammable liquids, flammable gases, fire, heat, hot liquids, fire, radiation, steam or sunlight. Discuss topics including sunburns, rug burns, varying degrees of burns and how to treat them.

Burn on Scrotum from Depilatory

I used a deplilatory (Magic Shave on my genitals this morning).  Did a great job except on my scrotum, it appears the hair follicles are slightly burned.  Not blistered, but certainly raised, irritated/burned.  I think I left it on too long as I had problems removing it.  What can I use to treat the burn / irritation.  It's bad only in one spot... the rest of the hair pores are slightly swolen on the scrotum and red, but not buring except in 1 area...

I used vitamin e oil on it and have been applying antibacterial ointment (Triple antibiotic ointment from the w-mart store).

What can I use to help get the quickest healing for this.  When I use cold water on a rag to try and soothe it, it burns / stings badly in the one area.  Same with warm water...If I don't touch it, it does not burn but is sensative to the touch mainly just in that one spot...almost on a single pore.  I really don't think its an allergic reaction as it's only on the scrotum, not on the other areas outside the scrotum itself.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.
Tags: burn, Depilatory, irritation
Been using ice and that helps tremendously...already does not look "quite" as bad.....also using aloe.....area is very bumpy.  Looks like the pores are irritated.  Still not blisters or anything so hopefully that means I got it off in time and what I'm doing is helping.

Any other advise would be appreciated.